During this period of the Coronavirus outbreak when we have all been asked to socially distance wherever possible, we at Peeple are doing the following:
staying in touch via social media:
- Families: We are keen to continue to support families during this time. We will be adding more items to our social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (all @PeepleCentre). These will include some of our Things to do at Home ideas, Peep tips and Song sheets, as well as some video clips demonstrating some of these, so do join us there. We – and other families – would love to share any of your ideas too, or pictures of you trying any ideas.
- Peep-trained practitioners: We hope that you find our social media helpful too. We will be adding more delivery support ideas to our log-in Members Area during this time as well. If you find that you have a bit more non-delivery time than usual, do take a look around the log-in area. Hopefully you’ll find some useful information – and do contact us with any thoughts or questions, via the usual training team email or phone.
peep groups, outreach or stay and play sessions:
- We have cancelled local Peep sessions delivered by Peeple Centre staff in Oxford until the situation improves (and we’ve notified families). Oxford families can contact us on email@example.com.
- Peep practitioners elsewhere will be making their own decisions and notifying their own local families.
training courses for practitioners:
- We have postponed all training courses that were planned for the spring and early summer (and notified delegates by email). We’ll re-schedule those in discussion with commissioners as we see how the situation changes.
- The training team are still working from home, and can be contacted on our usual email addresses and mobile numbers, as well as:
firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01865 397976 ~ Family Learning Scotland: email@example.com or 07483 119866 ~ other Scotland training: 07767 169539.
peep/ city & guilds accreditation:
- If you are hoping to submit your C&G portfolio in the near future, please be aware that there may be delays in processing your submission due to the disruption. However, we will do our best to keep you informed.
- We fully understand that completing the practical elements of the accreditation (i.e. session delivery and observation) will not be possible. Therefore all submission dates will be extended to account for the duration of the coronavirus. We will email you to confirm the length of the deferral once the situation has eased and things are returning to normal. Meanwhile, if you are able to, we would encourage you to complete the other tasks in your portfolio.
Here is the latest NHS guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19). We hope that you and yours stay as well as possible.