Every family makes the most of everyday learning opportunities which improve life chances and help narrow the gap in attainment.
Peeple exists to help parents improve their children’s life chances, particularly in less affluent areas, by making the most of everyday learning opportunities at home and in the community. Our core purpose is to narrow the gap in attainment particularly by supporting parents in raising their babies and young children to reach their full potential. We do this by developing interventions which support parents as their children’s first educators, by training practitioners to work with families and by supporting the implementation of our programmes. We also deliver services directly to families and help parents to gain qualifications which lead to further education or employment. In addition, we contribute to research and policy development in early years education.
peeple aims 2016-19 - to support parents and children to learn together
1. Increase the use of Peep programmes across the UK (and internationally)
2. Improve and extend the Peep Progression Pathway throughout the UK
3. Ensure our work is underpinned by appropriate research and evaluation
4. Extend our role as a service provider in Oxfordshire
5. Deliver high quality early education and care in our Peep Pre-school and Little Peeple Nursery
6. Influence national debate and policy
7. Publish/produce resources to support our work
8. Maintain good governance, management and infrastructure